The Secretary-General of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) has announced his leadership team, one week after taking up his new position.
Mr. Arsenio Dominguez, who took up office as the 10th elected Secretary-General of IMO on
1 January, named the Senior Management Committee members on 8 January. Mr. Dominguez, from Panama, succeeded Mr. Kitack Lim of the Republic of Korea, who was Secretary-General of IMO from 2016-2023. Mr. Dominguez was confirmed as Secretary-General by the IMO Assembly 33rd session, which met in November-December 2023.
- Director of Administrative Division – Azara Prempeh
- Director of Maritime Safety Division – Hiroyuki Yamada
- Director of Legal Affairs and External Relations Division – Dorota Lost-Sieminska
- Director of Marine Environment Division – Heike Deggim
- Director of Technical Cooperation Division – Jose Matheickal
- Director of Conference Division – Xiaojie Zhang
- Chief of Staff -Damien Chevallier
In his new year message, Mr. Dominguez pledged to build on IMO’s successes and do more.
“With me as the 10th Secretary General, I welcome you to join us in an era of progression of the Organization, one that leads by example and with higher values from inclusion, diversity, and transparency. I look forward to working with you for the years to come into a new and exciting era to make this maritime sector a much better one,” Mr. Dominguez said.