Peter Sand, BIMCO’s chief shipping analyst, will share his insights on the road ahead of us in 2021, and look back at the last few months for the three main shipping sectors on 2 March 2021.
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to have a massive influence on the current shipping market, where both consumer and government behaviour push the market in different directions.
- Container shipping is making big profits, but how long will it last?
- The tanker sector is taking losses during the usual peak season, but will it really impact demolitions?
- The dry bulk sector has seen a strong start to 2021, but how likely is that to last
These, and more, questions are on the table for BIMCO’s quarterly shipping market overview and outlook webinar on Youtube Live.
“We have gone through a very dramatic year, and for shipping, I believe we are in for yet another nail-biter,” says Peter Sand.
The webinar will last for around 1h30m, with three sessions of 30 minutes for each sector. Every session begins with a quick view on the relevant macroeconomic factors followed by a dive into key market developments. Every session will be followed by a Q&A session where live participants can post their own questions.
Tankers – 10.00-10.30 CET
Dry bulk – 10.30-11.00 CET
Containers – 11.00-11.30 CET
The webinars are free and do not require BIMCO membership.
The webinars will also be available on the BIMCO website and the BIMCO Youtube Channel.
If you would like to provide questions in advance, please send them to email@example.com.
- Starts: 02/03/2021
- Ends: 02/03/2021
- Event type: Webinar
- Contact person: Rasmus Nord Jørgensen
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org