Do you posses a proven background in maritime engineering or related technical fields? Have you demonstrated effective management of vessel maintenance and repair projects? Are you equipped with strong collaboration skills and excellent problem-solving abilities? If you have got these skills in your toolkit, you might just be the one we are after!
On behalf of M.H Simonsen, MARPRO is looking for a Technical Superintendent to the office in Svendborg.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Technical Superintendent to join our dynamic team in Svendborg. As a Technical Superintendent at M.H Simonsen, you will play a crucial role in ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and safety of our managed vessels. You will work close with various stakeholders, mange technical operations, and provide technical expertise to uphold our commitment to exceptional quality.
- Monitor technical operations on assigned vessels, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company standards
- Collaborate with crew onboard as well as other departments ashore to coordinate maintenance, repairs and docking activities
- Conduct regular vessel inspections and oversee maintenance and repair activities on site
- Manage budgets, cost control, and procurement relates to vessel maintenance and repairs
- Provide technical guidance and support to onboard crew, ensuring adherence to best practice
- Participate in incident investigations and implement corrective measures as needed
- Stay updated with industry trends and regulations to drive continuous improvement
- Education in Marine Engineering, Dual purpose, or a related field
- Previous experience as a Technical Superintendent or a similar role within the maritime industry
- Strong knowledge of vessel operations, maintenance, and repairs
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining safety standards
- Independent and adaptable and good at making decisions
- Have a good general IT knowledge
- Excellent in communication and problem-solving skills
- Understand Danish
- Be in possession of a driving licence B
- Willing to travel with short notice (EU)
- Able to attend the office in Svendborg when not travelling
- Living on / willing to relocate to Funen
- A position in a well-established, unique, privately owned company with focus on quality
- The opportunity to work together with a diverse and skilled team of maritime professionals
- An ambitious, fast-paced, and dynamic environment and interesting trade
- Healthy and nutritious lunch package
- A competitive compensation package matching your qualifications
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact MARPRO at +45 5370 0995.
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
About M.H. Simonsen
M.H Simonsen is renowned family-owned shipping company with a rich maritime history. We operate a fleet of tankers ranging from 2000 to 7000 dwt, and our commitment to excellence and reliability has earned us a distinguished reputation in the industry. Read more about M.H Simonsen
For more jobs at M.H Simonsen, click here.