Are you passionate about protecting the world’s oceans through green technology for ballast water? Are you interested in engineering and has technical experience from the maritime business? If you can reply yes to these questions, then we have the right position for you!
On behalf of BAWAT, MARPRO is looking for a Design Engineer.
Bawat A/S is a Danish-owned company that offers a unique green solution for treating ballast water. This green technology uses neither chemicals nor additional energy, which makes it unique among the market’s competing solutions. It is IMO and USCG approved and patented. Moreover, a unique feature of the technology is that it can be used to great advantage in both ports and shipyards. Bawat delivers BWMS to both the retrofit- and newbuilding market and has a unique market position for the shore-based container unit systems.
You will be an important part of a dynamic professional engineering department and take responsibility for feasibility studies, evaluation and approval of PID´s and dimensioning of pumps, heat exchangers and piping systems. You will communicate with various class and flag states and refer directly to the CTO.
Professional competencies required for this position
- A relevant technical background (Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Electrical Engineer or Automation Engineer etc.)
- At least 5+ years of technical experience
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- EU work permit
Your personal characteristics
- Work in a systematic and structured way
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and precise
- Self-motivated with great personal drive
- Professional mindset
Working for Bawat A/S in engineering means
- You will work with a solution, that solves an environmental challenge in a sustainable way
- You will be part of a team of experts, who are in the forefront of science and technical development
- You will join a team of people who are passionate about their work
- You will have plenty of opportunities for personal development in a busy working environment with rapid decision-making processes
- You will be working with committed colleagues in a dynamic workplace in Hørsholm
- We communicate in English with our customers and suppliers, and work in an open and inspiring office environment
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes.
All applications are handled with complete confidentiality. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
The development of an entirely new approach to ballast water management that is simple, flexible, cost-effective, and sustainable led to the founding of Bawat in 2011. Since then, Bawat has built upon its innovative breakthrough to offer targeted, state-of-the art solutions to the maritime industry as this sector adapts to a new environmental framework at sea. Bawat is an engineer-driven company that is rooted in the tradition of Danish maritime innovation. Bawat has a deep maritime insight and expertise and an extensive network in the sector. For these reasons, Bawat is seen as a trusted and professional partner. Read more: www.bawat.com
For more jobs at Bawat, click here.