On behalf of of our client, MARPRO is looking for an experienced Supramax Freight Trader.
- Develop and build relationships with third party cargo and tonnage clients in the Continent / Baltic Region; ensuring access to Head Charterers and identifying business opportunities with an attractive risk/reward profile.
- Leverage in-house research capabilities together with sentiment from regular market participation to forecast short & medium-term price trends. Work with research team to further develop quantitative and fundamental indicators for use in forecasting price movements in the Continent / Baltic region. Liaise with Handy & Panamax traders in the region to identify risks and/or opportunities between the vessel segments.
- Using existing cargo book and period fleet as a base, identify and execute arbitrage opportunities, on both tonnage and external cargo sides. Discuss with the other regional Supramax trading teams to ensure the optimal distribution of the Period fleet.
- Participate in Global Supramax & Freight meetings to discuss how the Baltic / Continent market impacts the wider market and the overall position of the desk
- Liaise with the freight operations teams across the organization, monitoring existing executions and collaborating to optimize profitability and creating a feedback loop into future pricing / fixing
- Provide competitive price backing for internal commodity traders via either direct market making or procuring more competitive offers from the external market. Oversee and cover sales with focus on achieving smooth execution and maximizing returns across the full value chain. Discuss with internal commodity desks regarding their forecasts on the commodity flows and how this will impact the Freight market.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant working experience in chartering/trading.
- Experience either under guidance of a regional head or as the leader of a geographic region for one of the size segments / business areas, either implementing (if more junior) or developing specific business strategy and delivering (if more experienced) targeted commercial results.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing commercial results for candidate’s business area, assessing successfulness in execution of business strategy and making future adjustments from the insights gained.
- Experience and/or interest in analyzing balance sheets and interacting with researchers to develop indicators and other fundamental and/or quantitative tool.
- Experience in / ability to interact on a daily/ongoing basis with other Atlantic regions as well as between Atlantic and Pacific basins to actively participate in period fleet repositioning.
- Strong knowledge of freight orientated estimation and operational software.
- Possess proficiency with MS office software particularly MS Excel.
- Strong understanding in performing advanced freight calculations, negotiating time charter and voyage charter party terms and arbitraging freight positions on spot and forward markets.
- Relationships / contact portfolio, which can be readily accessed to enhance to our existing business.
- Capacity and willingness to actively participate in the global trading positions and develop broader business strategy.
- Bachelor degree in numerically based subject or other business discipline is preferred. Other higher education will be considered.
- English (Fluent)
- Any other language is a plus