We are looking for a Site Manager Installations (EGCS and CO2) to join Value Maritime’s team based in the Netherlands! Your main goal is to be their representative managing their projects of installing large equipment on ocean going vessels on-site. Their technology is still relatively new but it’s proven and there is a lot to win in the shipping and carbon capture market. Using your technical knowledge (mechanical and electrical) you lead contractors into delivering the best possible installation. All while maintaining a comprehensive overview and keeping in close touch with the Project Manager back in the office.
On behalf of Value Maritime, MARPRO is looking for Site Managers.
Value Maritime in Rotterdam understands shipping and the need for new, simple, sustainable solutions. Since 2017, our technology has been helping shipping companies achieve valuable emission reductions and financial savings. We are an innovative company with a unique system. There is still a world to win when it comes to making shipping more sustainable.
Your team on board
We are an ambitious team of maritime professionals, committed to sustainable shipping and the green transformation of the maritime energy industry. We are committed to excellent service and timely delivery of our products. Do you recognize yourself in our values: Value-driven, entrepreneurial, customer focused, innovative and sustainable? Yes! Then there is one thing left for you to do. Come discover if this is your next job!
As Site Manager you are responsible for the execution of the Filtree installation on board the ship at the yard or in the dry dock. Beforehand you will have a handover with the project manager and make sure you are familiar with the signed contract of the project.
On site you represent Value Maritime and ensure that safety rules are observed, in addition you:
- Are the point of contact for all (sub)contractors and provide instructions based on the technical drawings of the project
- Have a broad expertise of the installation process, such as welding, NDT and GRE adhesives
- Perform quality checks on the work conducted
- Report on the delivery of equipment on site
- Are responsible for daily project progress reports and keep records of work hours and contractor bills/receipts
- Resolve problems and administrative issues with the contractor
- Escalate in a timely manner if issues remain unresolved
As site manager, you will have a friendly work environment, with colleagues who are driven to develop sustainable shipping. On a day-to-day basis you supervise contracted personnel and monitor the progress of the work. You check that work processes comply with regulations. Safety is important. You carry out inspections and enforce procedures for quality control. In doing so, you maintain close contact with the project manager. You have a solution for every challenge.
You know how to motivate staff and are also a team player, so you can pass this on to the rest. One team, one goal! Providing the best possible service to the customer and a flawless commissioning of the Filtree system. You know how to work independently and make smart choices. You have excellent communication skills and mastery of the English and Dutch language. A good joke is part of the job!
As a site manager at Value Maritime in Rotterdam, it is important that you have experience within the maritime sector. You know how things work at the shipyard and on board. In addition,
- You have a technical education and/or background
- You can oversee complex operational work with a structured and organized approach
- You know how to manage and motivate personnel
- You have an engaging, proactive and creative personality
- You have the ability to spend 3-6 weeks abroad
- You have a maritime background (Maroff is a plus)
- You are intrinsically motivated to foster a green future
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) as well as Dutch
- Excellent communication skills
- You possess a driver’s licence (B)
- Ability to work in Rotterdam (25/75 office/on site to be expected)
- You have a good sense of humour – at VM, they like to laugh!
- And last, but not least, you see yourself in Value Maritime’s core values ( valuable, entrepreneurial, client-driven, innovative, sustainable)
Value Maritime offers an attractive compensation package matching your skills and experience. An excellent overseas allowance. Their business template allows for a mixture of remote and office work to fit the needs of their personnel and clients.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please us on +31 6 5472 5675.
If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to white list the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
Filtering with a green and financial dividend!
Since 2017, Value Maritime’s unique technology has been helping shipowners and operators to achieve valuable emission reductions and financial savings. Our goal is to make the maritime industry more sustainable by developing valuable technological solutions that economically combat shipping emissions.
Value Maritime is a young innovation-driven team of experienced engineers and financial experts who understand shipping and the need for new, simple, sustainable solutions that make commercial and financial sense. We have developed “Filtree”, a unique system that cleans both air and water from all ship types and includes an integrated carbon capture feature making today’s fleet (newbuild or retrofit) sustainable today and future proof for tomorrow. Learn more about Value Maritime HERE.