Do you have ship agency working experience or relevant education/working experience which makes you suitable for the role?
If you can answer yes to the question, you could be GAC Denmark’s new Ship Agent – a future-proof position with international opportunities within one of the world’s largest ship agencies.
On behalf of GAC Denmark A/S, MARPRO is looking for their next Ship Agent to be an integral part of their growing team in Kalundborg.
- Documentation and clearance of ships upon arrival and departure
- Communication with all involved parties during ships’ port calls
- Coordination of services and port calls
- Take ownership over delegated tasks and personal development
- Provide input to continual improvement to processes and procedures
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks such as invoicing for services provided
Most tasks can be completed during regular work hour. However, as we provide 24/7/365 service, there will be periods of higher workload as well as work during irregular times – especially during the busy summer season.
We provide service to vessels during port calls at ports throughout Denmark. The position may include a significant amount of driving to ports in your region.
- Experience from the ship agency sector or other relevant maritime/shipping education/working experience
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Driver’s license
- Helpful and service-oriented
- Motivated and takes initiative
- Structured and organized
- Problem solving abilities and thrives under pressure
- Great cooperative skills
- Employment in one of the world’s largest providers of agency services
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
- GAC offers a competitive compensation package matching your skills and experience level
- Possibility for advancement
- To join an internal ISO certified training academy
- To be a part of a globally recognized shipping and logistics company
You will refer to the Agency Manager. This position provides a unique development opportunity to apply your expertise and experience and participate in further developing the high-quality service we provide. Increased responsibilities will be assigned with demonstrated competence.
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
About GAC Denmark
The country’s leading provider of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services – alongside, at your service, wherever you go in Denmark.
In January 2012, GAC Group acquired the shipping subsidiaries of the Lehmann Nordic Group, one of Scandinavia’s oldest and most reputable names in transportation, to form GAC Denmark A/S. Offering unrivalled expertise in the cruise and offshore sectors, we provide a uniquely customizable range of integrated shipping and logistics services for an extensive portfolio of clients throughout the country, in the energy, cruise, dry & liquid bulk, liner and military sectors. https://www.gac.com/denmark