Would you like to contribute your unique experience in installing, repairing and maintenance of marine electronics and join a well-established company specialized in creating the world’s leading maritime communications, digital solutions and services? Do you like to travel worldwide and are not afraid of taking the initiative? Then we have an attractive job opportunity for you!
On behalf of TELEMAR, MARPRO is looking for a Service Engineer to join their team based in Monfalcone, Italy.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of maritime navigation and communication systems.
You will be a part of the TELEMAR engineering team providing a fault analysis of equipment and systems onboard as well as system check with regard to the required spare parts, interpreting schematic diagrams, using manufacturer’s manuals and using your knowledge of electronics. On top of that, you will ensure on-time commissioning and handover to clients, and attend sea trials. We are expecting from you to possess excellent skills in administration to be able to complete all required documentation such as service reports and acceptance protocols. Additionally, we always welcome your initiative and smart solutions to optimise the utilisation of technical and applications tools.
What are we expecting you to possess?
• Experience in installing and maintaining navigation and communication technologies
• Being a team player and interacting with people easily
• Being flexible, resilient and good at taking the initiative
• Possess excellent customer and service skills
• Have strong verbal and written Italian and English skills
• Being able and willing to travel worldwide
• Hold a driving license and passport
• Nice to have LRC or GOC radio licence
What benefits can you expect?
• Modern, dynamic and international working environment with development opportunities
• Great opportunity to increase your technical experience in a continuous evolving field
• Permanent certification program on equipment and maritime rules
• Collegial environment in an expanding organisation
• Permanent contract “full-time” Telecommunications CCNL framework
• Company car, smart-phone and laptop
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact us on +31 6 54725675.
If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to whitelist the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
Leveraging on more than 75 years of expertise, we offer our maritime customers an integrated portfolio of bridge electronics, on-board and smart maintenance services, as well as hybrid connectivity solutions through the Marlink Group.
We support more than 3,000 ships with our maintenance contracts and marine electronic solutions designed to improve navigation safety and operational efficiency. We are certified distributor of all major bridge technology manufacturers, and expert in safety & regulations.
We offer a global 24/7 service desk with more than 100 highly qualified technicians and engineers combined with a network of more than 1,250 service points supporting maritime customers worldwide.
About the Marlink Group
Telemar became part of the Marlink Group in 2016. Marlink Group has more than 1400 colleagues working in more than 30 locations around the world and helps customers in industries including Shipping, Energy and Humanitarian to run their business remotely in ever smarter, more profitable and sustainable ways.
For more jobs at Telemar, click here.