Do you have experience with payroll for seagoing personnel? Maybe even experience with Omega? Would you thrive in a position with a mix of operational tasks as well as being the driver for complex projects? Do you speak at least one Scandinavian language as well as English? If you can say yes to these questions, we can present you an exciting opportunity!
This position will report to the Payroll Manager. In this role you will be in charge of ensuring an efficient and accurate administration of the assigned client’s offshore payroll and maintaining a pro-active close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., employees, remote payroll offices, personnel department and accounts department). This includes all statutory reporting to authorities, such as for tax and pension. The prospective candidate will handle the payrolling of a significant amount of crew members.
We expect you to be an experienced payroll professional, who enjoys working in an eventful professional environment. You are always willing to offer a helping hand, take control of payroll issues and you have a passion and interest in creating and continuously optimizing solutions.
The right candidate will be one who is experienced in dealing with payroll for seafarers. You can focus on payroll operations, as well as complex projects, and you’re both a decision-maker and a self-starter. You are positive and can add structure to a dynamic environment.
We offer an exciting position with the possibility to learn and grow in your professional role in a modern shipping company and an attractive compensation package that matches your seniority and competences.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Daily management of the payroll process, including bookkeeping, to ensure efficient and accurate management of payroll.
- Pro-active payroll administration; offering management solutions and proposals for streamlining payroll processes and procedures.
- Responsibility for taxation (personal income tax among others) and social security guidance for seafaring staff.
- Ensuring that payroll related costs are properly allocated to the correct cost centres
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of payroll related data tables recorded within the Company’s electronic personnel and payroll database(s)
- Ensuring timely submission of regular returns to relevant international tax, national social security authorities, pension funds and other relevant stakeholders.
- Point of escalation for payroll related complaints or queries.
- Other payroll, personnel, project and accounting related tasks and functions as required by management.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and energetic in dealing with and handling of all matters
- High sense of commitment and dedication to the role and willing to go the extra miles to make things work
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Furthermore, we expect you to have:
- Experience with payroll for seafarers
- Experience of reporting salary to pension, tax and other statutory authorities
- Ability to understand and administrate complex payroll set-ups
- Taxation knowledge and guidance on National and International personal and Company taxation issues
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Principal Recruiter, Jakob le Fevre on +45 5370 0995.
Application deadline is September 23rd, 2021. But it is an urgent requirement, and we will invite candidates on a running basis and take the job ad down, when the position is closed.
If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to whitelist the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.