Are you passionate about protecting the world’s oceans through green technology for ballast water? Are you interested in engineering and has extensive technical experience from the maritime business? If you can reply yes to these questions, then we have the right position for you!
On behalf of BAWAT, MARPRO is looking for an experienced Senior Marine Engineer to the office in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Bawat A/S is a Danish-owned company that offers a unique green solution for treating ballast water. This green technology uses neither chemicals nor additional energy, which makes it unique among the market’s competing solutions. It is IMO and USCG approved and patented. Moreover, a unique feature of the technology is that it can be used to great advantage in both ports and shipyards. Bawat delivers BWMS to both the retrofit- and newbuilding market and has a unique market position for the shore-based container unit systems.
We are looking for an experienced profile that will require minimum training, who can quickly join the skilled engineering team and deliver a reliable output.
Your daily work will consist of a mix of the following tasks
- Feasibility studies
- Calculation of heat balance on vessels
- Evaluation and approval of PID´s
- Calculation of pumps, heat exchangers and piping systems
- Further design and development of the product portfolio
- Interaction with various class and flagstates
- Support for the sales department
- Customer support
- Electrical and Automation knowledge is an advantage
Professional competencies required for this position
- A relevant technical background (Naval Architect, Marine Engineer etc.)
- At least 5+ years of technical experience
- Strong experience with both 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines including cooling and regulation
- Previous experience as a technical design engineer an advantage
- Sailing experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of AutoCad and Navisworks is an advantage
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- Able to acquire or have Danish workpermit
Personal characteristics for the profile we are looking for
- Work in a systematic and structured way
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and precise
- Self-motivated with great personal drive
- Ready to go the extra length to achieve results
- Professional mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Working for Bawat A/S in engineering means
- You will join a team of committed colleagues who are passionate about their work
- You will be a part of a successful scale-up company
- You will have plenty of opportunities for personal development in a busy working environment with rapid decision-making processes
- You will be part of a team of experts, that are in the forefront of science and technical development
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Managing Director, Jakob le Fevre, MARPRO on +45 5370 0995.
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality. The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
The development of an entirely new approach to ballast water management that is simple, flexible, cost-effective, and sustainable led to the founding of Bawat in 2011. Since then, Bawat has built upon its innovative breakthrough to offer targeted, state-of-the art solutions to the maritime industry as this sector adapts to a new environmental framework at sea. Bawat is an engineer-driven company that is rooted in the tradition of Danish maritime innovation. Bawat has a deep maritime insight and expertise and an extensive network in the sector. For these reasons, Bawat is seen as a trusted and professional partner. Read more: www.bawat.com