NAVTOR is a leading force within maritime technology, focusing on providing smart digital solutions to disruptively change how shipping companies assess and improve performance. Our mission is to enable shipping companies across the globe to improve data quality, reduce fuel consumption, minimize emissions, and increase operational efficiency.
NAVTOR’s optimization solutions leverage decades of marine engineering, naval architecture, and operational experience to drive savings and improve fleet performance. We are intensely focused on solving critical performance challenges for customers and are leading the shift from data to insights and solutions.
For our office in Korsør, Denmark, we are seeking a Senior Insight Analyst that can take the lead in developing and maintaining our data analytics toolbox. These tools empower our performance team with timely information and insight to drive vessel performance and support customer success. You will further contribute to automating processes and identifying ways for improving quality and efficiency of services and deliverables to our customers.
- Support the Vessel Performance & Analytics team with delivering performance monitoring and optimization projects to customers
- Lead development and maintenance of the in-house analytic toolbox used by the performance team to efficiently deliver services and insights to our customers
- Drive automation and process improvement projects for delivering better data quality and efficiency solutions
- Create and continuously improve NAVTOR´s technical vessel models
- Work closely with customers, software engineers and vessel performance team to develop new services and value-added features
- Lead customer presentations and develop presentation material used in interaction with customers
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant working experience with a background in naval architecture, marine engineering, data science, physics or another related quantitative field
- Experience conducting technical investigations using a range of analytical approaches, preferably within the vessel performance segment of the maritime industry
- Ability to translate complex data into digestible analysis for internal and external audiences
- Experience with data science and predictive analytics are also valuable
- Working knowledge of the Python, R or other data analysis languages
- Ability to create compelling customer presentations with logical flow and clear communication of the key take-aways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, well-organized and excruciating attention to detail are a must; NAVTOR has HQ in Norway and offices in Norway, US, Europe and India, so flexibility to work with team outside of “standard” office hours is required
Perks and benefits
- Flexible working hours: Time is precious and whether you are morning person or prefer working late we provide you great flexibility for when you deliver on the job.
- Skill Development: We constant develop our employees and we support you in taking courses, attending conference, or getting you that book that will help develop your skill set.
- Select your tools: We offer you the freedom to select the hardware and software that makes you most comfortable.
- Remote Work Allowed: We want’ you to performance the best you can and whether this is from you couch or favourite cafe is up to you.
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
NAVTOR is a leading force within maritime technology, providing innovative e-Navigation and performance solutions for the maritime sector. Through the application of cutting-edge digital technology, NAVTOR’s team makes life easier for navigators, while enhancing safety, transparency and efficiency for shipowners, ship managers and operators.
In 2012 NAVTOR released the world’s first type approved Pay As You Sail ENC service, and followed in 2014 with the launch of NavStation, the world’s first digital chart table. Headquartered in Egersund, Norway, NAVTOR has grown quickly and established a network of subsidiaries and distributors worldwide, spanning Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Singapore, Japan, the United States, and the United Kingdom.