If you are interested in technical products and high-performance computing, this unique opportunity to join a team of maritime domain experts is for you!
On behalf of Teledyne Marine, MARPRO is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Developer for their office in Slangerup, Denmark.
As an embedded C++ engineer in their team, you will be exposed to a broad range of technical topics. Sensor systems produce a massive amount of real-time data, and Teledyne performs massive computations to reach the products ready for UI rendering. Data throughput happens at Gbit speed, so highly efficient computations, hardware optimized programming is performed in the instruments before handing over data products to the UI layer. They perform signal processing in FPGA’s and GPU’s: you will have a challenging and interesting job, producing products for real tough applications and interesting customers globally.
Teledyne supports all sensor product lines from a shared software framework, delivering multiple embedded software systems based on same platform. They work with logic/math execution in highly efficient C/C++ code, and they mostly use Linux to run the embedded software.
The primary role as an engineer for embedded software requires that you can oversee and comprehend a complex system architecture, close to the hardware with software execution taking place under a Linux operating system and in embedded systems running in FPGA micro-kernels or various micro controllers.
It is important that you lean more towards the hardware side of software execution than to the PC side. Teledyne are running Linux operating systems inside their sensors, but they are highly embedded and stripped down to assure good real time performance, and if need be for hard real-time performance they run schedulers on top like Xenomai. The software is critical for timing and data throughput; hence a solid understanding of hardware and software execution is required.
- Development of Embedded Software and Firmware solutions in Sonar and Navigation products
- Cooperation with the hardware engineers throughout projects related to FPGA boards, data acquisitions, up/downstream communication
- Implementation the ‘heart’ of Teledyne Marine sensors systems by integrating the actual data input streams, sensor command and control and UI communication into one coherent system
- Communication of concepts and maintenance of dialogue with the rest of the development team, from downstream embedded software processing through the chain to UI systems
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Evaluation and communication of potential software architecture problems as well as proposal improvements in software architecture of existing software
- Keeping up with the latest technology and tools, keeping the software development level standards high
- M.Sc, Software development or similar
- Highly skilled in embedded software development
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Good understanding of modern OS coding techniques, IP protocols, and hardware interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of Linux OS architecture and components
- Good skills in software and application design and architecture
- Deep knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Good understanding of software quality assurance principles and Build tools
- Must have a technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Good team player with strong problem solving ability and can-do mentality
- Good communication skills on technical level
- Candidates should have an EU citizenship
- Professional English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of technologies around Mathematics, Software and real time Sensor systems
- Experience with the hardware layer in sensors systems
- Experience with distributed software systems
- Experience with FPGA implementations or experience running software on dedicated hardware solutions
- Experience with GPU coding techniques
- Experience with Software design, Build systems, Git, Jira, etc.
- Preferably located in Slangerup
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact MARPRO, at +45 5370 0995 or contact us via our website: https://marpro-recruitment.com…
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
We take applicants in for interview and will remove the job ad when we have found the right profile.
About Teledyne Reson
Teledyne Marine is a world leader in supplying high-quality underwater acoustic solutions, underwater autonomous vehicles, navigation systems and software with global presence and service facilities around the world. In the European part of Teledyne Marine, we are specialized in design, development, manufacturing, marketing and commissioning of advanced Multibeam sonar systems, Inertial Navigation Systems with Fiber Optic Gyro’s and software to manage sensors and systems and perform data processing. We operate in the hydrographic, offshore, dredging, defense & security and marine research business areas. Read more: http://www.teledynemarine.com/reson