Do you have technical affinity and good communication and planning skills? Are you passionate about the maritime industry? Are you a great team-worker with a can-do mentality? Would you like to be part of one of the leading brands in the industry?
Then this just might be the perfect job for you!
For their office in Rotterdam or Antwerp, Radio Holland is looking for a Scheduler for the service department.
As a Scheduler at Radio Holland you need to ensure that all service orders are executed in the most economical time window with a proactive mentality for “first-time-fix.” The goal of the scheduler is to minimize cost and maximize margin for each service job. Maintain maximum efficiency with service engineers to achieve optimum utilization. Maximize the amount of planned job in a day and avoid “no shows”.
Responsibilities and authorities:
- Support the inside sales department during quoting of service jobs for require technicians’ availability
- Understand type and market of vessel for each service order
- Communicate with vessel agent, owner, or captain for ETA/ETD, docking prospects, in port activities
- Within 48 hours of ETA, Monitor vessel movements daily and update coordinators and GRP
- Update coordinators of vessels activities and update scheduling tool (GRP)
- Understand technician competencies and certificates of each technician to ensure the best option for success
- Proactively communicate with engineers for estimated time required onboard
- Proactively schedule technician(s) to ensure optimization of time for work preparation
- Confirm all orders have been sent and accepted by technicians through 4PS app
- Schedule technicians boarding time to maximize margins and meet customer expectations
- Strategic planning in periods of adverse weather conditions
- Get familiar with the time spent aboard vessels
- Continuously monitor the schedule and pro-actively signal any potential scheduling conflicts to the service coordinators
- Work in close cooperation with the Technical Service Team Lead w.r.t. a shortfall in service engineer competences & availability
- Build strong working relationship with vessel agents
- High School diploma with relevant experience
- Preferred bachelor’s in business management degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant scheduling or coordination experience
- Management experience within a technical/maritime/shipping-oriented organization
- You have affinity with technology, planning and coordinating
- You have a customer-oriented mindset
- You are organizational and people sensitive
- You are a team player but are also self starting
- You have the ability to think creatively
- You are stress resistant
- Fluency in both Dutch and English in word and writing
Radio Holland offers an attractive compensation package matching your skills and experience, including 25 days off and 13 ADV days, a laptop and a telephone and a chance to work in a team of likeminded professionals.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact us on +31 6 5472 5675.
If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to white-list the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
Radio Holland is known worldwide in the maritime industry as Global NavCom, Connectivity, ICT on Board and Service & Maintenance provider.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Radio Holland connects its customers with an unparalleled global service network of 70 offices along the global shipping lanes.
For more information visit: https://www.radioholland.com/
For more jobs at Radio Holland, click here.