Do you possess a strong maritime technical background and do you like to engage with clients and colleagues every day? If yes, then we might be looking for you!
On behalf of Praxis Automation Technology BV, MARPRO is currently seeking a Sales Engineer / Proposal Engineer to join their Sales Department where you will be driving the sales process with the support of your colleagues in other departments.
Whether you are already well-familiar with ship automation, navigation and hybrid propulsion system or you have a genuine interest in that type of systems you will be provided with sufficient training and onboarding to ensure you are fully equipped to carry out all the tasks.
As a Sales Engineer / Proposal Engineer, you will use your technical and communicative skills to translate client requirements and wishes into optimized solutions. You advise the customer technically and commercially. You clarify technical requirements with the client and finetune hardware, software, cost and logistics to create the perfect proposal for ship automation, navigation and hybrid propulsion systems.
You are passionate about involving your colleagues and acting as intermediary between the customer and the operational departments. You will receive close support from the Sales Manager, our Project Department, Production and Logistic Departments.
- Preparing and keeping track of outstanding quotations, focusing on strong follow up
- Answering client questions about any aspects of our proposal
- Assessing and advising on contract requests, sales conditions and payment conditions
- Process incoming Project Orders and arrange the transfer of new project to the Projects Department
- Keeping commercial documentation such as price lists, quotation templates and reference lists up-to-date
- Completed study on HBO level / Bachelor of Science or relevant working experience
- Working experience in the field of shipbuilding, shipping, automation or electric installations
- Skilled in clear communication in English (speaking and writing)
- A pro-active, self-starting attitude
- Being able to think from the perspective of the customer
- Service-minded and flexible
- Structured working approach
Praxis Automation Technology BV offers
- A very dynamic, flexible, international and informal working environment
- Being part of an innovative high-tech company
- A meaningful role in our organization
- Market based salary
- Excellent travel allowance
- Good fringe benefits
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact MARPRO at +31 6 1314 1048.
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
About Praxis Automation Systems BV:
“Your guide to ship automation and navigation”, with this motto Praxis Automation Technology develops, produces and supply innovative Automation and Navigation Systems for all types of seagoing vessels. Praxis Automation Technology was founded in 1965 and ever since we’re an international leading company in ship automation, navigation and hybrid propulsion. More information: www.praxis-automation.nl
See employer description here.