Water, sand, rock, ships, and practical challenges on large international projects. Does it sound interesting? If yes, then read on.
On behalf of Rohde Nielsen, which is one of Europe’s largest marine contractors, MARPRO is looking for a project manager to participate in the execution of projects globally.
Rohde Nielsen operates 45+ specialized vessels with projects all over the world. We are a family-owned company established in 1968 with 500+ employees.
We deal with works on or in the seabed with services such as
- Dredging for offshore installations, e.g. offshore wind turbine cables
- Installation of rock, e.g. for erosion protection of offshore foundations and wind turbines
- Dredging of harbours and fairways
- Infills for land reclamation
- Beach nourishment for coastal protection
- Dredging/filling for infrastructure, e.g. bridge caissons or pier heads
Our customers include, for example, ports, main contractors, authorities, energy companies and international cable manufacturers.
As a project manager at Rohde Nielsen, you must be good at combining theory and practice. We expect you to
- Have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience from the building or construction industry, preferably from a marine or offshore angle
- Has good experience with project management and understands the various processes, stages, division of responsibilities, documentation, risk profiling, stakeholders, advisors, time estimation and communication.
- Can express yourself professionally in writing and speak in Danish and English, can handle large written document packages, and has a broad understanding of common IT tools
- Are skilled at communicating across industries, cultures and professions and feel at home in a function where you are a link between many stakeholders both internally and externally
- Is entrepreneurial, independent, and happy to take responsibility – even on busy days
- You are interested in the practical and execution aspects of an offshore construction and think that ships, offshore and marine constructions are exciting
- Is mobile and prepared to have your daily routine at ports/coasts in Denmark and abroad
- Understands that offshore construction is not a 9-5 activity
The work will entail travel activity in connection with meetings, inspections and, of course, projectexecution. You will largely have to plan your everyday life yourself in connection with the project’s requirements, stage, and activities.
It is always an advantage to be able to engage in theoretical discussions, but you will not be calculating coastal morphological sediment models with us. Instead, you must have a keen eye for the practical aspects, interfaces, communication, documentation, finances, subcontractors, contracts, time, and agreements.
We have an address in a newly built office in Kastrup, 5 minutes from the metro, but you can expect a lot of time to be spent on site near the projects.
- A position in a well-established, unique, privately owned company
- An ambitious, fast-paced, and dynamic environment and interesting trade
- Great colleagues ashore and close collaboration with seafarers
- Healthy and nutritious lunch package and unlimited fruit and beverage after choice
- Access to fitness room
- Possibility to join our pension and health insurance through PFA
- A competitive compensation package matching your qualifications
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact Managing Director Jakob le Fevre, MARPRO, at +45 5370 0995
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
About Rohde Nielsen A/S
Operating at sea, with 45+ purpose-built vessels, is a Rohde Nielsen core competence. We are a preferred marine dredging contractor with a broad-ranged, diverse fleet to meet and exceed client expectations. Rohde Nielsen operates worldwide as a general contractor as well as a subcontractor. Our overall objective is clear and ambitious: We strive to retain our position as one of the largest dredging and marine contractors in Europe, and to be a preferred partner worldwide. To ensure continuous progress, we invest in training, machinery and technology. This enables us to provide and develop technical and financially attractive solutions for our clients. With worldwide reach and the collected expertise and experience of over 450 dedicated employees, we can guarantee short response time, dedicated performance and clear agreements that are respected throughout the projects. Read more about Rohde Nielsen
For more jobs at Rohde Nielsen, see here: www.maritime-professionals.com/jobs/RohdeNielsen