Are you passionate about the maritime industry? Are you keen to play the leading role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing projects? Then Alphatron Marine might just have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Project Manager with a technical background to get involved in an international working environment.
Alphatron Marine is an importer, supplier, installer, and service provider of high-quality navigation and communication equipment. The engineering of project assignments is provided by the Installation & Engineering department from their head office in Rotterdam.
You have to be a proficient problem-solver and customer-oriented professional with an understanding of the technical side of things as well.
- Taking care of the engineering work according to a project assignment;
- Dealing with clients and third parties, discussing all the aspects of the installation, implementation and planning process;
- Directing, monitoring, and/or executing the engineering of a project assignment promptly and efficiently;
- Being familiar with elaborating the project using a dimensioned sketchbook and a drawing package;
- Being engaged in consultations with the Mechanical Workshop Supervisor on the subject of panel construction on a regular basis;
- Carrying out additional work, drawing up transfer protocols and delivery lists, and submitting the necessary information to a Classification Bureau.
Responsibilities and authorities:
- Providing technical advice to your Sales colleague on the most efficient ways to achieve the goal;
- Coordination of the project implementation from A to Z;
- Managing and supervision of the activities and monitoring the planning and budget;
- Consultation with customers and other stakeholders;
- Administrative processing including sending reports and registration of labor activity and materials used.
As a Project Manager, you have a dynamic job and you have to cooperate with many different parties. That makes the job attractive because every day is different but also means that you have to be stress-resistant and flexible. You are working on several projects at the same time, which means that often different things require attention at the same time. You are customer-oriented and able stand your ground. It is important that you have a background in electrical engineering. If you don’t have any experience with maritime technology yet, that’s no problem. Alphatron Marine will teach you the tricks of the trade and provides support from their side to make rapid progress together.
- MBO or HBO education in an electrical engineering;
- Experience with project management;
- Knowledge of the installation and commissioning process;
- Knowledge of ship’s structure as a plus (but you can gain this knowledge during the practice);
- ERP knowledge, preferably Navision;
- Knowledge of Autocad and See Electrical;
- Creativity in coming up with the best solutions;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language;
- Hold a driving license (category B). You visit the customer or the ship from time to time;
- VOL-VCA-diploma (or willing to obtain).
Enjoy the work in a team of professionals.
Within Alphatron Marine employees are always willing to support each other and create a pleasant working atmosphere. Together you serve their customers in the best possible way and success in business. You can climb the corporate ladder, achieve the desired objectives and learn new skills!
Alphatron Marine offers an attractive compensation package matching your skills and experience, including 25 days off, company car and a nice lunch.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Principal Recruiter, Danny van Eijk at +31 6 5472 5675.
Application deadline is the 24 of July, 2022. If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to white-list the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
We are Alphatron Marine.
Developments in the maritime world are moving fast. Very fast. But luckily so do we. We are here to help businesses with innovative solutions that better align with today’s technology and capabilities. We create solutions that the market demands and ships need.
We are Alphatron Marine.
A renowned integrated bridge solution provider, representative of the industry’s leading brands and producer of unique complementary products to the Japan Radio Company Ltd (JRC) portfolio.
Alphatron Marine is an equal opportunity employer.
We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make hiring decisions based on your experience and skills. We appreciate your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.