Do you come from the maritime/electronics sphere? Does diving into maritime regulations, shipbuilding processes, technical supervising of projects implementation and collaboration with various stakeholders sound appealing to you? Then do not miss this unique opportunity!
On behalf of Radio Holland, MARPRO is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their international team based in Marseille, France.
As a Project Engineer working for Radio Holland you skilfully convert commercial proposals into detailed technical proposals to be used in project implementation. In addition, you are responsible for guiding the project team and project stakeholders in the technical execution of a project and supporting sales on complex proposals. You handle technically supervising various projects in the field of design and engineering, for larger and more complex projects. Moreover, you take part in development new procedures and processes or are a high level expert in a technological field. You are reporting into the Head of Project Management or to the Project Manager.
Resposibilities and authorities:
- You are responsible for technical design in line with the contract, budget, regulations, safety and quality requirements
- You review orders, make calculations and supplier quotations prior to engineering for risks, quality, feasibility and compliance with regulations, escalate and adjust when necessary
- · You are a contact person on technical and work process issues for all stakeholders during project execution
- You participate in internal and external project meetings, advises on designs and working methods
- You are responsible for preparing all designs and project documentation such as functional designs, CAD designs, equipment lists, manuals, handover documentation and certificates
- You ensure the timely presence of appropriate information, resources and materials such that the Field Engineers and external project participants are able to carry out the project work (cost) efficiently
- You are responsible for drafting the correct logistics processes in line with the working method in the contract and the customer
- You are responsible for making interface agreements and scope freezes with all stakeholders and records those
- You carry out quality checks and handovers. In addition, you monitor the agreed preconditions of the performed project activities
- You inform the Project Manager on progress, issues and actions required to achieve the established KPIs in terms of time, budget, quality and safety
- You are responsible for the distribution, version control and archiving of all project documentation
- You record as-built information and provide feedback to sales on project experiences with the purpose to improve the quality of our offering
- You act as a foreman on large projects when appropriate as well as direct field engineers and act as Radio Holland’s contact person on the project site
- You support sales with onsite surveys, advice and information during the preparation of complex offers. You carry out review complex offers for feasibility and compliance with regulations
- You support the organization in introducing new products and services with reviews, testing and advice
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience with shipbuilding processes and marine electronics
- You demonstrate good knowledge of maritime regulations
- Electrical/electronic background and experience in preparing CAD drawings
- You have a high sense of work quality and analytical mindset
- You possess strong communication skills
- You are a problem-solver and solution-oriented
- You are able to handle the research and work out (technical) issues independently as well as interact with a team
- You can convey technical problems to people with no technical background
- Fluent in English verbal and in writing
- Excellent computer skills
- You have an affinity for technology and automation
What do we offer?
Radio Holland offers a challenging international working environment within maritime industry and an attractive Compensation and Benefit package matching your skills and experience.
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact MARPRO, at +31 6 54725675
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
Radio Holland is known worldwide in the maritime industry as Global NavCom, Connectivity, ICT on Board and Service & Maintenance provider.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Radio Holland connects its customers with an unparalleled global service network of 70 offices along the global shipping lanes.
For more information visit: https://www.radioholland.com/