On behalf of EMRI A/S, MARPRO is looking for a Product Owner/Manager for their growing Product Development Team
EMRI is following a multi-year investment plan, funded by their mother company Furuno. EMRI are doubling the number of employees and they are building a completely new maritime product portfolio designed for autonomous ships.
It is an opportunity of a lifetime to really make a difference. Both in shaping a new organization, but also in participating in creating some exciting new products that will literally steer the maritime industry and contribute to reducing the energy consumption in maritime transportation.
The Product Development Team
While you will report to their COO, you will be working with a product development team that holds a broad range of engineering skills, ranging from wiring and hands-on installations, hardware design to software systems design and writing applications.
The team is characterized mainly by specialists, and with deep knowledge in the domain of ship control, but we are expanding rapidly with more generalists.
- A relevant technical education and strong technical experience, paired with commercial understanding
- Ideally experience as a Product Owner/Manager from a tech organization or similar experience/knowledge that would make you suitable for the role
- Experience in translating customer needs into clear product requirements for the R&D team
- Advantage if you have agile project management experience
- Advantage if you have experience with: Autopilots & Track Control Systems, Joystick/DP Systems, PC Systems, Steering Control System, PLC Systems, Rudder Indicator Systems, Custom designed Bridge Instrumentation, Turbocharger Monitoring Instruments, Wind Indicator Systems or Docking Displays
- EU working permission
- Skilled communicator
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Thinking out of the box
- Ability to travel 30-40 days a year
- An attractive compensation package matching your skills and experience level
- A unique opportunity to become a key person in the product development team
- Being a part of the journey of reinventing EMRI
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process. or via our website: https://marpro-recruitment.com/contact should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
EMRI has been developing intelligent steering systems for deep sea ships for 50 years. Our systems control everything from the largest cruise liners to the most exclusive mega-yachts. In 2020 we were bought by the Japanese company Furuno who has designated us as their global competence center for maritime steering control systems. We are a Danish company head quartered in the Copenhagen area. They also have a small R&D office in Aalborg.