The Post-Fixture Manager is responsible for managing vessel Post-Fixture operations and maintaining financial information during the voyages. This role is in charge of post-fixture duties covering the whole fleet as well as calculating, submitting, and negotiating demurrage claims.
This position is also responsible for setting priorities for the team (currently one person) and coordinating daily activities.
The Post-Fixture Manager reports to the Head of Commercial Operations.
- In charge of laytime and demurrage calculations, claim submission, handling and negotiation, ensuring timely and effective settlement.
- Guiding and managing the team (currently one person), ensuring the individual objectives have been assigned and the performance is regularly monitored.
- Advising the Commercial Operations and Chartering Departments on laytime and demurrage concerns, CP clauses and Post Fixtures related matters.
- Revising charter party claims and disputes, including but not limited to costs rebilling and reconciliation, as well as additional consumption claims.
- Approving Agents’ Final Disbursement Accounts, ensuring port expenses are in line with the Proforma DA’s.
- Following up on the collection of outstanding receivables and ensuring timely settlement.
- Monitoring the time-bars and updating the claims files, when required.
- Reporting departmental performance on a quarterly and annual basis, identifying trends and proposing solutions.
- Ad-hoc Post-Fixtures assignments as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within maritime.
- At least 2 years of team management experience.
- Preferably educated to a degree level in a shipping-related field.
- Experience in working with Tankers (Oil/Gas/Chemicals) is essential.
- Excellent communicator in English, both verbally and in written format.
- Demonstrated numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in handling all Microsoft packages, especially Excel.
- Hands-on and can-do attitude.
- Ability to think ahead.
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact Senior Recruitment Consultant Lasse Dres, MARPRO, at +45 5370 0995.
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
Navigator Gas is a New York Stock Exchange-listed shipping company owning and operating the world’s largest fleet of handysize liquefied gas carriers. With our 54 ocean-going vessels, we provide international seaborne transportation and regional distribution of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), petrochemical gases and ammonia for energy companies, industrial users and commodity traders.
With safety, reliability and efficiency at the forefront of our minds, Navigator Gas is connecting the world today whilst creating a sustainable tomorrow.
Navigator Holdings Ltd. is the owner and operator of the world’s largest fleet of handysize liquefied gas carriers and a global leader in the seaborne transportation services of petrochemical gases, such as ethylene and ethane, liquefied petroleum gas (“LPG”) and ammonia and owns a 50% share, through a joint venture, in an ethylene export marine terminal at Morgan’s Point, Texas on the Houston Ship Channel, USA. Navigator’s fleet now consists of 54 semi- or fully-refrigerated liquefied gas carriers, 21 of which are ethylene and ethane capable. The Company plays a vital role in the liquefied gas supply chain for energy companies, industrial consumers and commodity traders, with its sophisticated vessels providing an efficient and reliable ‘floating pipeline’ between the parties, connecting the world today, creating a sustainable tomorrow.
History and Financial Growth:
Navigator Holdings Ltd. was formed in 1997 for the purpose of building and operating a fleet of five liquefied gas carriers. The Company has grown dramatically over the past ten years and now owns a fleet of 54 vessels and is the dominant global leading in its chosen shipping segment.
The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “NVGS.” The Company currently has a market capitalization of approx. $720 million.
Navigator Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status. For more information, click here.