Do you have experience with sales in the maritime business? Do you have technical understanding and strong commercial skills? If so, we have the pleasure of presenting a very interesting opportunity to you
On behalf of Marorka, MARPRO is looking for a Business Developer.
Marorka is looking for a Business Developer, working from home office/office hotel in one of the major shipping hubs in Europe, e.g. Copenhagen, Hamburg or Rotterdam. The Business Developer must be self- driven and experienced in working independently and will benefit from the large network to executive profiles in the chartering, manager and shipowner offices, build up over the years. Regular travel to GTT´s office in Paris will be required.
- Technical or commercial background
- Commercial understanding and business acumen
- Proven sales track record in the maritime business (Min. +3 years’ experience)
- Experienced in selling to shipowners and charterers
- Experience with direct sales
- Able to travel 60-80 days per year
- Business English verbal and written
- Hunter type with ability to close the order
- Experience with selling software solutions is an advantage
- Strong online presentations skills an advantage
- Experience with presentations for a larger audience is an advantage
- Experience with energy optimization in the maritime business is an advantage
- Experience with marketing and production of marketing materials is an advantage (e.g. mailchimp)
- Dedicated and ambitious
- Ability to act individually, but work as a team
- First class relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Can-do attitude and strong execution skills
- Competitive personality
Marorka offers an attractive compensation package matching your skills and experience and the possibility to work from home office or office hotel.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Principal Recruiter, Danny van Eijk at +45 5370 0995.
Application deadline is Feb. 23th, 2021. If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to white list the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
Extensive experience and a proven track record
Marorka is the leading global provider of data-driven energy management and operational performance solutions for the international maritime industry. We enable our customers to reduce fuel consumption, cut emissions and increase fleet performance. Our data-driven systems can lead to significant financial savings. Marorka’s combined onboard/onshore systems have been installed on more than 600 vessels and Marorka is recognized as the leading provider of energy management solutions.
At Marorka we deliver excellence in international maritime efficiency with data-driven analytics.
- Emission reduction and fuel savings
- Compliance and reporting
- Performance optimization and asset security
Our headquarters are in Reykjavik, Iceland. Read more at www.marorka.com
The leading engineering company in containments systems, headquartered in France, acquired Marorka in February 2020. The move marks an acceleration in GTT’s digital strategy, and will see the Marorka business aligned with its Ascenz subsidiary based in Singapore, with the two businesses seen as complementary on terms of their technical, commercial and geographical profile.