On behalf of Unifeeder, MARPRO is the recruiter for this position.
Unifeeder, a worldwide company headquartered in Aarhus, is a rapidly developing provider of the best-connected feeder and shortsea network in Europe. Due to continued growth and the ambition of becoming the market leader in its field by 2025, Unifeeder has an ongoing need for experienced and motivated team members.
As a Maritime Operator you are responsible for the operational control of vessel operations throughout Europe. Tasks include, but are not limited to, stowage, quay planning, fixture, bunker intakes, crew management and agency appointments. The Marine Operator is responsible for ensuring the voyage is performed efficiently and ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
- Operational control of vessel operations in Europe.
- Coordinate with terminals to sort out stowage issues and immediate quay planning problems
- Order and control port services (e.g., pilotage, mooring/unmooring, towage, etc.)
while aiming to minimize port costs (i.e., avoid lay-by’s, search opportunities for earlier berthing windows, minimize idle time, etc.).
- Manage vessels’ ETA in accordance with berthing requirements and to minimize bunker cost.
- Ensuring operational system are timely and correctly updated.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are kept duly informed about possible operational constraints such as berth congestions, strike warnings, weather closures etc.
- Handling data distribution to and from terminals and internal stakeholders.
- Handle all mailboxes and answer all questions.
Unifeeder is an energetic working environment, and we expect our colleagues to be just as dynamic as we are. We value procedures and structure but as a growing company we are not afraid to update, revaluate and change either. It should need no explanation that the perfect candidate can enjoy the hectic day-to-day business of a feeder company and is motivated to become an important part of this Danish success story.
- Maritime background or knowledge of the industry.
- Knowledge of container stowage and EDI types.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Danish.
- Proactive attitude.
- Can prioritize and multitask.
- A real team player: able to effectively share responsibilities and cooperate with the rest of the team and organization, across different countries and cultures.
- Pushing the bar aiming for continuous improvements.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, dynamic, and independent team player.
- Persistent, focused, and long-term orientated.
- A flair for IT and IT-based tools.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills, openness to feedback.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Can participate in the duty plan and have a 24/7 mindset. Willing to go the extra mile, understanding that the vessels still operate, even when your shift is over.
- Can keep a cool head and is extremely stress resistant.
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. Deadline for applications is June 1st. but we take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad when the position is filled. Note that we will reply an answer to the email address indicated by you. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality.
Why work at Unifeeder?
Whether you are an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, at Unifeeder you will be challenged by the tasks, co-workers, and our customer portfolio which includes well-established industrial companies in Europe.
With offices in nine countries, we encourage our employees to broaden their horizons by working in our international offices for shorter or longer periods. That makes Unifeeder a highly inclusive workplace with great knowledge flow.
Unifeeder’s family consists of approx. 400 employees with backgrounds from close to 20 nationalities, therefore we strive to create a workplace that embraces the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of the employees.
Our employees are our best asset. The continued encouragement and support of their professional growth is built into our core. We welcome initiatives that will promote growth and bring improvement to Unifeeder’s process flow.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.