Unifeeder relocated the operations desk from Rotterdam to the HQ in Aarhus primo 2022. MARPRO have assisted with the employment of 16 profiles to work as a Marine Operator. The profile of the current Marine Operators is splitted between navigators and general shipping profiles. The Marine Operators works in a 6-week duty roll with a mix of day, evening, and night shifts. The Marine Operator can maintain 3 different roles; Coordinator, Marine Operator or Operations. See detailed decription below. We are are now looking for additional 2 Marine Operators to assist Unifeeders growth and further development in Aarhus.
On your watch duty, you will be responsible for 1 of three areas:
Coordinator – responsible for planning of vessels in either Benelux or UK
- Ensure accurate, acceptable, and realistic planning of vessels in area.
- Keep contact with all internal stakeholders to ensure accurate information.
- Keep close contact with all terminals to discuss planning and build the best relationship.
- Monitor any special requests, such as bunkering/on hire/off hire/ repairs, to ensure they are accounted for in planning.
- Keep in contact with vessels to ensure accurate instructions are given and to minimize losses.
- Update all internal systems with latest information.
- Regular review with terminals to maximize productivity.
- Ensure lock bookings are made where necessary.
- Ensure external agents are kept updated.
- For UK planners keep a watch on other EC services to ensure best planning.
Marine Operator – handle all marine tasks in the geographical area
- Ensure accurate information is known from all terminals.
- Monitor and liaise with all vessels to ensure they are on time.
- Order pilots/tugs/linesmen/layby berths/locks when required.
- Keep in contact with all terminals to ensure berth planning is being maintained and adjust if needed.
- Ensure all internal systems are kept updated.
- Handle ISPS requests for visitors to ships.
- Ensure Slotcharter vessel schedules are kept updated in the relevant IT systems
- Handle the mailboxes.
- Ensure external agents are kept updated.
Operations – handle all stowage and booking matters
- Ensure that all discharge and load information is sent to terminals.
- Ensure that terminals are operating as required and have all required information needed to work the vessels.
- Update stowages and assist where necessary.
- Process updates from terminals and ensure accurate cargo planning of vessels.
- Update internal systems to ensure accurate information.
- Handle all cargo related questions from internal stakeholders and terminals.
- Handle all mailboxes and answer all questions.
About the duty plan
A duty cycle lasts 6 weeks, consisting of 2 weeks as coordinator working during normal office hours followed by 4 weeks in the 24/7 duty plan as Marine Operators/Operations. You will know your schedule min. 3 months ahead – but we expect you to be flexible since changes to the duty plan will occur due to e.g. illness, vacation etc.
- possess a logical and methodical mindset;
- may have maritime, military/navy, shipping or terminal experience;
- are a team player with a structured approach to the work;
- can keep your head cool and are stress resistant;
- take pride in finding solutions;
- can prioritize and multitask;
- have a flair for IT and IT-based tools;
- are fluent in English, both in writing as well as verbally;
- speak Danish or are willing to work hard to learn it in a short time;
- understand the importance of constructive communication in your daily work;
- can participate in the duty plan and have a 24/7 mindset. Willing to go the extra mile, understanding that the vessels still operate, even when your shift is over.
- Employment in one of the largest and best-connected Feeder and Shortsea networks in Europe, North Africa, Middle East, Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent. Diversity -The Unifeeder family consists of more than 1000 employees with backgrounds from close to 20 nationalities, therefore we strive to create a workplace that embraces the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of the employees.
- Continued career development e.g. through the Unifeeder Academy.
- A professional onboarding process with careful training in your new responsibilities.
- A compensation package that matches your competencies and experience.
The application process is handled by MARPRO. Please apply via link. For data security reasons we do not accept applications submitted by e-mail. You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after applying – please check your spam folder in case you have not received it, ensuring important future communication. If you have any questions about the job, you are welcome to contact MARPRO by phone: +45 5370 0995 (10-17). We take applicants in on a running basis and will remove the job ad when all positions are closed.
Who is Unifeeder?
Unifeeder is a connectivity platform in a dynamic logistics environment, with one of the largest and best-connected Feeder and Shortsea networks in Europe, North Africa, Middle East, Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent. Unifeeder currently operates more than 100 container vessels, connecting well above 150 ports and transporting more than 5 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent unit) containers per year.
Unifeeder has grown from a stronghold in North Europe from where they expanded through multiple acquisitions. Unifeeder has a turnover of more than DKK 5bn and is owned by DP World – a leading enabler of global trade.