Are you an experienced Naval Architect, that wants to take your career to the next level? Have you previously worked for a classification society company, shipowner or shipyard? Then we might just have the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Hull Plan Approval Surveyor at Bureau Veritas, you will have the exciting opportunity to join our Oslo office and work with a team of experts responsible for approving the design of various vessels, including Ferries, Fishing vessels, Live Fish Carriers, High-speed Crafts, and Tankers.
- Reviewing drawings against Class and Statutory regulations to ensure compliance.
- Validating and reviewing drawings of marine constructions and equipment according to Class standards.
- Providing technical support to clients.
- A degree in Marine Structures, Naval Architecture, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Proficiency in English is required. Fluency in at least one of the Scandinavian languages is also necessary.
- Ability to approach tasks and challenges in an organized and methodical manner.
- Demonstrating a proactive attitude in finding effective solutions to problems.
- Showing dedication and loyalty to the job and its responsibilities.
- Able to effectively convey information and collaborate within a team.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with colleagues.
Bureau Veritas offers
You’ll be part of an international maritime environment with dynamic tasks, facing challenging positions. Bureau Veritas provides personal development opportunities, allowing for growth within its network. Join a supportive and skilled team with great colleagues. Take advantage of a comprehensive training program tailored to meet individual needs. Receive a competitive remuneration package aligned with your background.
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will take applicants in for interview on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact MARPRO on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
What we value at BV
At Bureau Veritas, we prioritize integrity and uphold the highest standards. We build trust between businesses and their clients, demonstrating dedication to hard work and a willingness to learn and improve. Our operating environment is open and inclusive, regardless of where we are located. Ethics, safety, and financial control form the foundation of our shared culture.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it is being convinced that you will leave your mark… in shaping a world of trust.
Bureau Veritas is an international group within classification, certification and verification. Bureau Veritas was founded in 1828 with headquarters in Paris and offices in more than 150 countries. We have a total of more than 80 000 employees.
In Norway, Bureau Veritas has a main office in Oslo and employs over 30 employees.
Marine & Offshore division’s activities are mainly focused on ship classification, certification of equipment and systems, as well as verification and inspections of offshore installations and equipment.
For more information, read about Bureau Veritas: https://marine-offshore.bureauveritas.com/
For more jobs at Bureau Veritas, click here.