Rohde Nielsen continuously makes efforts to contribute to the ambitious transition towards a better and more viable and sustainable future. Besides that, they are optimizing their strategy, equipment, and business processes to increase their sustainable impact. To facilitate these tasks MARPRO is looking for a Head of Sustainability, to be responsible for both the environmental impact, diversity, social responsibility, and responsible business conduct.
We are looking for a new colleague to join the dynamic team in our new Headquarter in Scanport Copenhagen close to the airport and highway.
For more than 50 years Rohde Nielsen has been working with nature and caring for the environment making it an inherent part of their business. They are striving to enhance the positive effects of their activities to continuously improve the wellbeing of the natural environment.
As their new Head of Responsibility, you will formally refer directly to the Managing Director, but you will work closely with the Director of Business Development to reach their targets. You will be a key person in the organisation, dealing with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders. The position is newly established, and we expect you to build up an efficient and well-functioning department, including procedures and process descriptions.
While Rohde Nielsen endorses and attempts to continuously promote all the 17 Sustainable development goals, they have identified five goals where they naturally are able to commit to the transition in a more direct and effective manner. The five goals identified are SDG 7 – Affordable and clean energy, SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth, SDG 9 – Industry, innovation and infrastructure, SDG 13 – Climate action, and SDG 14 – Life below water.
As one of the largest dredging companies in Europe and with a worldwide frame, Rohde Nielsen owes their market position first and foremost to the quality of their work and the education, motivation, safety, and health of their employees. By ensuring an inclusive and diverse employee composition, they foster the necessary experience, know-how and innovation required to stand out in our highly competitive industry. They interact with local communities all over the world. Especially when working near local communities, they experience that they, through their activities, can have a significant social impact.
Rohde Nielsen therefore find it increasingly important to strive to enhance their positive impact on the native socioeconomic conditions, through bespoke project management, local employment and procurement, community investment and efficient stakeholder engagement.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordination of all sustainability activities
- Production of sustainability reports and sustainability informational materials for pre-qualifications
- Maintenance and updating of existing and new certifications within sustainability and emission reporting
- Various projects related to sustainability
- Maintaining and developing relations to relevant stakeholders
- Experience within the maritime industry
- Broad knowledge of relevant legislation, rules, and regulations
- Organized, structured and a team player
- Academic English
- Skilled in communication
- A sincere interest in contributing to a sustainable future
- Permission to work in Europe
- The position is on site in the office in Copenhagen
- A position in a well-established, unique, privately owned company
- An ambitious, fast-paced, and dynamic environment and interesting trade
- Great colleagues ashore and close collaboration with seafarers
- Healthy and nutritious lunch package and unlimited fruit and beverage after choice
- Access to fitness room
- Possibility to join our pension and health insurance through PFA
- A competitive compensation package matching your qualifications
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact Managing Director Jakob le Fevre, MARPRO, at +45 5370 0995
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
About Rohde Nielsen A/S:
Operating at sea, with 45+ purpose-built vessels, is a Rohde Nielsen core competence. We are a preferred marine dredging contractor with a broad-ranged, diverse fleet to meet and exceed client expectations. Rohde Nielsen operates worldwide as a general contractor as well as a subcontractor. Our overall objective is clear and ambitious: We strive to retain our position as one of the largest dredging and marine contractors in Europe, and to be a preferred partner worldwide. To ensure continuous progress, we invest in training, machinery and technology. This enables us to provide and develop technical and financially attractive solutions for our clients. With worldwide reach and the collected expertise and experience of over 450 dedicated employees, we can guarantee short response time, dedicated performance and clear agreements that are respected throughout the projects. Read more about Rohde Nielsen