On behalf of Stena Rederi A/S, MARPRO is looking for an experienced Fleet Superintendent to join the office in Hellerup.
About the position
You will monitor and control the smooth operation of assigned vessels. You will ensure a cost efficient and effective vessel operation and help create a strong safety culture onboard. You will participate in dockings and work with various projects like conversions and retrofits.
You will report directly to the Fleet Manager in the Stena RoRo Fleet Group.
- Responsible for the vessels assigned to the Fleet Group from a safety, operational and financial perspective
- Review of ship orders for repairs, dry-dockings, refits, spares, and stores in accordance with the Company purchasing procedures
- Technical operations on the vessel including compliance with statutory legislative requirements
- Carry out audits and inspections on board
- Deriving, implementing, and maintaining budgetary control within the annual budget
- Overseeing vessel operational and technical performance
- Liaison, as required, with external agencies such as Flag State, Class, P&I & HM Clubs
- Work together with the Crewing Department to ensure vessels are manned with competent and experienced crew
- Management of Masters and Chief Engineers and responsibility for carrying out Annual Appraisals
What we expect
You must be a skilled Marine Engineer, Dual Officer or a technically experienced Navigation Officer with preferably min. 3-5 years of shore experience in a similar role. RoPax experience is preferred but not necessary, as well as project management experience; e.g. larger technical modifications, change of flag etc. is preferred.
On a personal level, we expect you to be self-driven with an open and positive attitude. You promote a strong safety culture onboard and have a strong commercial understanding. You have experience in working with many different stakeholders such as class societies, vessel owners, clients, subcontractors, and internal functions. You are a natural leader, that leads by example. You are a people person; you thrive with developing talent and inspire people around you.
Furthermore, we expect you to:
- Have a valid work permit
- Identify with Stena’s core values of Care, Innovation & Performance
- Fluent in English, oral and written
What we offer
An exciting and hands-on position with international reach from a local position. You will have the possibility of continuous professional and personal development in an international and modern shipping environment. As the work environment is very important to us, we offer a flexible work schedule, great lunch scheme, joint weekly breakfasts, exercise, wellness, and various employee events in an informal organization with a great atmosphere.
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact Managing Director Jakob le Fevre, MARPRO, at +45 5370 0995
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
About Stena Rederi A/S
Stena is active in various Ferry Routes and Shipping segments through a number of different legal entities on different locations in Denmark. To strengthen the Stena brand in Denmark, a decision has been taken to consolidate the Danish ferry and shipping activities in Denmark.
During autumn 2017 a consolidation of selected Danish activities is carried out into Stena Rederi A/S, the former Stena Line Baltic A/S. Headquarter for the newly established company is located in the Hellerup, Copenhagen. Business areas involved are related to Stena Line, Stena Bulk, Stena RoRo & Northern Marine. More about Stena: www.stena.com/stena-rederi
For news about Stena: www.maritime-professionals.com/stena