MARPRO is looking for a Fleet Personnel Manager with relevant experience, for the personnel department of Stena’s Hellerup office. In this position you will work as the Line Manager for the HR Personnel officers manning the vessels for Stena Marine Management, as well as for the Payroll Team.
The role is expected to manage the Crewing and Payroll Team. As a candidate you are expected to be self-driven with the experience to handle complex crewing projects for Stena Marine Management, as well as any escalated crewing cases. You are a natural decision-maker, who can contribute to the positive social atmosphere and development within the team.
Stena offers an exciting position with the possibility to learn and grow in your professional role in a modern ship management company. As the work environment is very important to them, they offer health insurance, a great lunch scheme, joint weekly breakfast, various employee events in an informal organization with a great atmosphere.
Your key responsibilities will consist of:
- Acting as the Line Manager for the HR Personnel Officers and Payroll Team
- Independently project managing key crewing projects to client-required deadlines
- Overall responsible for manning the client’s vessels with qualified, competent and experienced crew
- Overall responsible for HR matters relating to client vessels.
- Assisting the Group Head of Crewing in rolling out the Group strategy
- Ensuring that seafarers hold valid certification and training as required
- Ensuring that the department follows the Safety Management System.
- Keeping the Safety Management System updated to reflect statutory and flag requirements.
- Providing input for crewing budgets for the vessels, to present to Fleet Manager.
- Following up on crew DRC costs monthly and ensuring that the budgets are kept.
- Responsible for crew management system
- Working with payroll team to provide accurate data for wage calculations
- Leading the HR team in the Emergency Response processes
- Advocate all Stena values, HR policies and procedures
- Have a positive attitude, enthusiastic and energetic in dealing and handling all matters
- Have a high sense of commitment and dedication to the role and willing to take the extra miles to make things work
- Are a team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have experience within shipping and manning
- Have experience with labour relations and complex crewing projects (3 years+)
- Are both analytical skills as well as skills in using digital solutions
- Have knowledge of the Danish Seafarers Act and be able to interpret collective agreements
- Have strong communication skills in English, as this is the office language
- Having experience managing people is an advantage
- Employment in Stena’s office in Hellerup
- Continued career development
- A professional onboarding process
- A compensation package that matches your competencies and experience
The application process is handled by MARPRO Search & Selection. Please apply via link. For data security reasons we do not accept applications submitted by e-mail. You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after applying – please check your spam folder in case you have not received it, ensuring important future communication. If you have any questions about the job, you are welcome to contact Jakob le Fevre from MARPRO by phone: +45 5370 0995 (10-17). We take applicants in on a running basis and will remove the job ad when the position is closed.
Who is Stena?
Stena Rederi A/S is a consolidation of Stena AB’s Danish ferry and shipping activities in Hellerup. Within Stena Rederi there are 3 different business areas Stena Line, Stena RoRo and Stena Bulk.
Stena’s three core values, Care, Innovation and Performance, are the foundation of our day to day work in the Group. The focus on innovation is to a large extent the driving force in the work on energy efficiency at sea and ashore, and contributes to a reduced environmental impact. Ethical behavior in every aspect of the Group’s operations contributes to care for employees and society. Safety and quality characterize the performance of all tasks. With care, innovation and efficient performance as their guiding principles, our 15,000 employees around the world work every day to create value for our customers within our business areas Ferry Operations, Offshore Drilling, Shipping, Property, Finance and New Business.
See more on www.stenarederi.com