Would you like to contribute your unique experience in installing, repairing and maintenance of marine electronics and join a well-established company specialized in creating the world’s leading maritime communications, digital solutions and services? Do you like to travel worldwide and are not afraid of taking the initiative? Then we have an attractive job opportunity for you!
On behalf of TELEMAR, MARPRO is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their team based in the heart of the European maritime industry – Rotterdam.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of maritime navigation and communication systems.
You will be a part of the TELEMAR engineering team providing a fault analysis of equipment and systems onboard as well as system check with regard to the required spare parts, interpreting schematic diagrams, using manufacturer’s manuals and using your knowledge of electronics. On top of that, you will ensure on-time commissioning and handover to clients, and attend sea trials. We are expecting from you to possess excellent skills in administration to be able to complete all required documentation such as service reports and acceptance protocols. Additionally, we always welcome your initiative and smart solutions to optimise the utilisation of technical and applications tools.
What are we expecting you to possess?
- Experience in installing and maintaining navigation and communication technologies
- Being a team player and interacting with people easily
- Being flexible, resilient and good at taking the initiative
- Possess excellent customer and service skills
- Have strong verbal and written English skills
- Being able and willing to travel worldwide
- Hold a driving license
- Nice to have LRC or GOC radio licence
What benefits can you expect?
- Modern, dynamic and international working environment with development opportunities
- Collegial environment with flat hierarchies in an expanding organisation
- Performance-related salary, bonus payments, training and company social benefits
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Company car/company smart-phone and laptop
- Bike leasing/SODEXO restaurant pass
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact us on +31 6 54725675.
If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven´t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to whitelist the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
Leveraging over 75 years of expertise, we provide to maritime customers an integrated offering of bridge electronics, on board and maintenance services, as well as satellite communications through the Marlink Group.
We support more than 3,000 ships with our servicing contracts and marine electronic solutions designed to improve navigation safety and operational efficiency. We are certified distributor of all major bridge technology manufacturers, and expert in safety & regulations.
We offer a global 24/7 service desk with more than 100 highly qualified technicians and engineers combined with a network of more than 1,250 service points supporting maritime customers worldwide.