Chartering Manager (Singapore) for an ambitious, rapidly developing Feeder and Shortsea Operator
Unifeeder Group, ISC, Singapore
Unifeeder ISC consists of Feedertech and Perma Shipping Line (with Transworld Feeder and Avana Global & Logistek joining as soon as approved by Indian Competition Authorities), Feeder and NVOCC operators in Asia, the Middle-East, Africa and the Wider Indian Subcontinent.
Learn more: www.feedertech.sg.
While reporting directly to our Director of Fleet Management at our head office in Denmark you will be responsible for the day to day chartering throughout the ISC region in close coordination with the ISC COO.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with a love for the shipping industry, and who is ready for the next step in his or her career. Having a background within chartering is highly preferred as is an established network in the industry.
You are an efficient and structured person who takes pride of ownership in your work.
As the maritime industry is often unpredictable, you are flexible and ready to step in when required. You are a team player and enjoy getting the best out of yourself and your colleagues. Sometimes it might get hectic, so you need to be able to keep a cool head and be able to handle having a lot on your plate.
Your tasks as a charterer will consist of:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and potential clients
- Identifying opportunities
- Negotiating, validating, and executing time and voyage chartering contracts
- Coordinating with network and operations to manage vessel chartering requests
- Work closely together with the operation and network team to drive optimal deployment/efficiency of the group tonnage
- Monitoring market conditions and keeping abreast of relevant day to day information
- Developing an annual strategy together with traders and operators
- Maintaining excellent administration of your work
- Other relevant jobs required as part of fleet management
Unifeeder Group has an energetic working environment and we expect our colleagues to be just as dynamic as we are. We value procedures and structure but as a growing company we are not afraid to update, re-evaluate and change either. It should need no explanation that the perfect candidate can enjoy the hectic day-to-day business of a feeder company and is motivated to become an important part of this success story.
- 5-10 years’ experience in shipping in both operations and chartering
- Chartering experience in the container industry preferred
- Knowledge about standard charter-party terms
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Technical understanding or background is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of container network and its requirements
- Team player and able to listen, learn and share
- International experience is a plus
- Able to understand and co-operate in a diverse cultural organization
- Able to influence decisions outside own authority
- Energetic and to a large extent self-driven
Are you our new colleague?
Please apply for the position by clicking the “apply now” link below no later than March 31st. We will carry out interviews as we receive qualified applications.
The position is a full-time position with a start date soonest possible
As a charterer, you will be part of Unifeeder Group ISC organization in Singapore.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to write to Unifeeder COO Mr. Michael Bonde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Unifeeder was founded in 1977. Since then, the Group has grown significantly through organic growth as well as strategic acquisitions, and today the group includes:
- Unifeeder, a provider of the largest Feeder and Shortsea network in Europe,
- Unimed, a first-class Feeder operator in the Mediterranean and Black Sea areas, and
- Unifeeder ISC consists of Feedertech and Perma Shipping Line (with Transworld Feeder and Avana Global & Logistek joining as soon as approved by Indian authorities), Feeder and NVOCC operators in Asia, the Middle-East, Africa and the Wider Indian Subcontinent.
The Unifeeder Group is owned by the global, Dubai-based port and logistics group DP World, one of the leading enablers of global trade and an integrated supplier to numerous supply chains, who operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
The Unifeeder Group consists of two regions:
- Unifeeder Europe: headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark
- Unifeeder ISC: headquartered in Singapore
During first half of 2021, Unifeeder ISC will grow to triple size through above mentioned acquisition.