Chartering Manager (Aarhus) for an ambitious, rapidly developing Feeder and Shortsea Operator
Unifeeder, a worldwide company headquartered in Aarhus, is a rapidly developing provider of the best-connected feeder and shortsea network in Europe. Due to continued growth and the ambition of becoming the market leader in its field by 2025, Unifeeder has an ongoing need for experienced and motivated team members.
While reporting directly to our Director of Fleet Management at our head office in Denmark you will be assisting with the day to day chartering throughout the European region in close coordination with the Operations and Network departments in Denmark and Cyprus.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready for the next step in his or her career.
At Unifeeder we are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with a love for the shipping industry. A background in chartering and/or operations is a must for this position.
You are an efficient and structured person who takes pride of ownership in your work.
As the maritime industry is often unpredictable, you are flexible and ready to step in when required. You are a team player and enjoy getting the best out of yourself and your colleagues. Sometimes it might get hectic, so you need to be able to keep a cool head and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Your tasks as a charterer will consist of:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with vessel owners, brokers and internal stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities
- Negotiating, validating, and executing time charter contracts
- Coordinating with Network and Operations to manage chartering requests
- Monitoring market conditions and keeping abreast of relevant day to day information
- Other relevant jobs required being part of the Fleet Management
- Participation in projects optimizing the fleet with respect to fuel efficiency, slot costs etc’
Unifeeder is an energetic working environment and we expect our colleagues to be just as dynamic as we are. We value procedures and structure but as a growing company we are not afraid to update, revaluate and change either. It should need no explanation that the perfect candidate can enjoy the hectic day-to-day business of a Feeder and Shortsea company and is motivated to become an important part of this Danish success story.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within shipping from operations and/or chartering side
- Chartering experience, in container or bulk anywhere worldwide
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercial flair and experienced negotiator
- A team player who is able to listen, learn and share
- High agility, quick thinking and an ability to execute
- Proactive, outgoing and eager to assume more responsibility
Are you our new colleague?
Please apply for the position by clicking the “apply now” link below no later than March 31st. We will carry out interviews when qualified applications received.
The position is a full-time position with a start date soonest possible.
As a chartering Manager, you will be part of Unifeeder’ s office in Aarhus.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to write to our Fleet Director Mr. Max Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Unifeeder was founded in 1977. Since then, the Group has grown significantly through organic growth, as well as strategic acquisitions and today, the group includes:
- Unifeeder, a provider of the largest Feeder and Shortsea network in Europe,
- Unimed, a first-class Feeder operator in the Mediterranean and Black Sea areas, and
- Unifeeder ISC (consists of Feedertech, Perma, Transworld and Avana Global & Logistek), Feeder and Shortsea operators in Asia, the Middle-East, Africa and the Wider Indian Subcontinent.
The Unifeeder Group is owned by the global, Dubai-based port and logistics group DP World, one of the leading enablers of global trade and an integrated supplier to numerous supply chains, who operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
The Unifeeder Group consists of two regions:
- Europe, headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark
- Wider Indian Subcontinent and Asian, headquartered in Singapore
During first half of 2021, Unifeeder ISC will grow to triple size through a large acquisition domiciled in Dubai and India.