Do you have experience with sales in the maritime industry? Do you have a strong network in the USA? Do you have an understanding of online tools, education and strong commercial skills? If so, we have the pleasure of presenting a very interesting opportunity to you
On behalf of SEABLY, MARPRO are recruiters for this position.
As SEABLY is experiencing rapid and sustained growth they are looking to support actual and future costumers in the United States of America by hiring a Business Development Manager, based in the USA. In this role you would be responsible for reaching out to important stakeholders and setting up concrete business with them in the field of online/blended maritime education and training.
Preferably you have a background in the maritime industry and are located in one of the US’ port cities (i.e., Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Seattle, New York, New Orleans) but can work individually from a home office while maintaining strong ties to your colleagues in Scandinavia.
- Commercial understanding and business acumen
- English fluency – both verbal and written – is essential
- Proven sales track record in the shipping industry
- Understanding of IMO certification/framework and maritime industry non-regulatory educational needs
- Strong network with shipowners and manning companies
- Experience with selling of digital products is a plus
- Able and willing to work from home office fulltime
- Strong presentations skills
- Dedicated and ambitious
- Strong individual worker, good team worker
- Able to work remotely while maintaining close ties to the team
- First class relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Positive attitude and realistic outlook
- Hunter type with ability to close orders
- Competitive personality
SEABLY offers an attractive compensation package matching your skills and experience that will evolve into a commission-based position once you are up to speed.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Principal Recruiter, Danny van Eijk on +31 6 5472 5675
If interested, please upload your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. You receive a confirmation when you have completed the application process. If you haven’t received a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes after applying, please check your spam folder. In case you locate it in the spam folder, remember to white-list the domain, so you receive invitations to interviews etc.
SEABLY is a marketplace for online maritime training. Where anyone can explore, take, or even teach a course. We offer a wide range of flag-state approved STCW courses, legislation typed training, introduction courses, reflective learning how-to courses, and customer demanded training. With new content added every month, from industry professionals, training centres, subcontractors, and insurance companies, you can find the latest in maritime education. Read more at www.seably.com/
Read news about Seably at maritime-professionals.com/Seably