On behalf of Søby Værft, MARPRO is looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for world-wide business development, both for direct sales as well as sales through agents. We are looking for an eager, results-oriented professional with sales experience to help expand and grow our business, within the repair, retrofit and newbuilding markets.
Søby Værft provides complete ship repair, newbuilding, and refit services as well as modification tasks and implementation of new systems onboard vessels. With more than 350 meters of quayside, three drydocks and an ideal location on the island of Ærø, in the Baltic Sea, with easy access for all categories of vessels following international sea and freight routes such as route T and H, as well as direct access from the North Sea through the Kiel Canal.
You are an experienced Maritime Professional ready for a new challenge – perhaps with a background from an owner or manager within the chartering or brokering department, with a marine supplier, a shipyard or similar. You will be trained by an experienced sales manager, with a track record of more than 30 years of experience within the shipyard industry and refer directly to the CEO.
We would be happy to welcome you on our island, for relocation, but locating to Ærø is not a necessity. However, ideally, you will spend on average 1-2 days a week in our office.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analyse and understand the drivers of the shipyard repair and newbuilding markets.
- Prospect, hunt and develop business opportunities.
- Generate, pursue, and close new opportunities with shipowners and ship management companies.
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge.
- Make presentations to senior managers and decision makers.
- Participate in larger tenders, draft and forward proposals.
- Establish and keep a close relationship with stakeholders from customers and our agent network.
- Accomplish business growth as well as the agreed annual sales targets.
As our new Business Development Manager your main task is to be on top of what`s driving the market, understand our customers, their challenges and needs, as well as how our solutions will help to create sustainable business value for them. Your role will be a key factor in the future expansion of our business.
Professional skills and experience
- A relevant education, e.g., Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Surveyor, Navigator etc.
- English on business level – both verbal and written – is essential.
- Danish/Swedish/Norwegian is an advantage for social reasons, but not essential.
- Min. 5+ years of sales experience in the maritime industry with a proven track record.
- Experience with sales through an agent sales network is an advantage.
- Technical understanding and knowledge is an advantage.
Your personal qualifications
Ability to act individually as well as part of a team.
First class relationship creation and management skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Strong negotiation and deal-closing skills.
Can-do attitude with focus on execution.
Søby Værft offers:
- Job security and proud heritage – Søby Værft has been in business for 90 consecutive years.
- Quick advancement possibilities, as the current Chief Sales Officer is do for retirement soon.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to occasionally work from home.
- A compensation package with a strong bonus incentive scheme and company car.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online before 9 August 2021. Please upload a motivated application and your CV. You should receive confirmation of receival within 10 min. – if you have not received anything, please check your spam folder to ensure that communication channels are open.
For questions, please contact Jakob le Fevre from MARPRO at +45 5370 0995 (9-15).
Søby Værft A/S has existed in nearly 90 years and was first founded by Arthur Christian Jørgensen as an engine factory on the 1st of October 1931. Arthur created the “Søby Motor”, that became the trademark of Søby Værft A/S. In 1967 the first dry dock was added to the shipyard because of high demand from clients and the other two was added throughout the years. Dock III is the largest and newest dock on Søby Værft A/S, and it was extended in 2018.The shipyard also engaged in new buildings on like fishing boats, ferries later the shipyard worked on larger steel constructions, extensions, and renewals on different Ships.
Latest newbuilding was the E-ferry, Ellen. Read more