Sectors Service , Technical Department
Posted Jobs 3
Alignment is in their nature. They are innovative thinkers, have in-depth knowledge and over 25 years of field experience. Their working area is the maritime industry. Their company offers all the assistance you may need when faced with questions around alignment, engineering, mounting or troubleshooting of critical machinery.
They do not just know how to align machines, they also know why they align them the way they do. Tnhey are fully familiar with the alternatives and the consequences. Their engineers are carefully selected. They do not just do the trick. They know what they are talking about and are supported by the best experts in this field.
With over 25 years of extensive field experience worldwide, On Site Alignment is the expert when it comes to any alignment problem. The correct alignment of all elements of a propulsion system is vital. Preventing a breakdown of machinery is always the better option.
Alignment checks whether measurements can be performed during different states of operational conditions so that thermal growth and hull deformation are measured too. This is also true for the actual alignment.
THE OSA ALIGNMENT MEASURING TECHNIQUES
There are many ways to measure. For them, however, there is only one way: the right way, where they use different high-quality techniques for different applications. Every specific machine demands a specific alignment technique. First, they must determine the appropriate one. On Site Alignment knows and uses all known techniques.
- Feeler gauges, rulers and dial indicators are used when shaft rotation is difficult or non-existent.
- Laser equipment is used for rotating equipment, line bore and geometric measurements.
- Wireless torque measurement is used for measuring shaft power.
- They use electronic measurement of bearing reaction forces for accessible stern tube bearings, shaft support bearings, gearbox bearings and main engine bearings.
- (Wireless) strain gauge bending stress measurement is used to calculate bearing load and offset, the jack load and gap and sag values in propeller shafts and high speed shafts.
They determine the best option in close partnership with the customers.